Tuesday, September 10, 2013

~Umbrella Cirlce Tutorial & Layout - Donna Salazar Designs~

Hi Everybody!! I'm back with a little easy "how to" on what I call an umbrella circle for backgrounds or little flowers.  In this layout below I used it for both. 

First start with a circle of any size, depending on what you want to use it for...  Thinner paper is easier to work with when it comes time to trim the ends.
 Fold in Half!
 Fold in Half Again!
 Fold in Half One More Time so You Have a Wedge!
 Now cut the short end or bottom of the triangle in a slight circular fashion.  You can use a rounded edge to draw a line to follow. 
 Now open up your umbrella and make all the folds so they face up!! Just refold all the edges in half!
 Then you can go along all the folds and edges with ink.
For the little flowers.....  Just start with a 2" circle, 1.5" circle, and then a 1" circle and layer them up.  I flopped my umbrellas over so the edges pop up and I used a little cheese cloth in between my layers and added some beads for my centers.
 



Thanks for stopping!! Below you will find a list of products that I used!!
 
Paper:
GCD Studios Natural Beauty

Ink:
Mix'd Media Inx CHOX - Driftwood
Mix'd Media Inx - Leather
Smooch Spritz - Green Olive, Wood Stain, Caramel Latte

Stamp:
Stampers Anonymous - Swirls
 
Chipboard:
Want 2 Scrap - Chipboard Gears

Tools:
Clearsnap Colorbox Stylus Handles and Tips
Zutter Distrezz it All

Miscellaneous:
Flowers
Shredded Paper
Gesso
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful.. I love your umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! I've also been looking at your photos and they are amazing! I love your work and you have such a beautiful family to scrap (the little one is a doll). I'd love it if you would visit my blog and let me know what you think? http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/ It would mean the world to me. All the best. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stop by to let you know I love your page and I had a good time reading it. I’m glad that my friend emailed me the link to this blog. I just bookmarked this blog and I hope your next one is going to be about the same topic again I’m looking for ward to it. One thing I want to add is I like your writing style.
    Best Cccam Server | Cardsharing Server | Best cardsharing

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails