Saturday, August 24, 2013

~The "Let's See How it Turns Out Project" - Donna Salazar Designs~

 
Hello everyone! It’s Mandy again!! So, have you ever experienced a creative block? You know the one where you stare blankly at your craft space wanting to create something, but you have absolutely no clue where to even start. I think we have all been there before, and you know what, its ok. It happens!!
 
We all have our little ways of finding inspiration and one of the ways I find is to just to dive right in. Gather your supplies and just go for it.  Let your hands do the thinking for you.  So, for this little project below, I did just that. I started digging into my awesome supplies that Donna sent me and grabbed a little here and a little there and this is what happened.
I didn't have a supplies photo, since I wasn't sure what was going to be used, but I recommend grabbing things you love working with, like specific colors of ink, bling, lace, textures, etc.
 
~Here's What I Did~
I didn't have a small canvas to start with, so I made my own.  I used the Want 2 Scraps 6x6 Canvas Sheet and glued it on top of a 6x6 piece of heavy chipboard.
I didn't picture this next step, because it's my hands were getting really inked up and I didn't want to get my camera messed up.  All I did was use the reinkers for my Mix'd Media Inx and chose a few colors and colors my canvas using a dry paint brush.
Next I started using small torn off strips of masking tape and just went around my edges.
I normally don't drizzle on my paints or inks, because it gets this sort of look below, but I figured I would go over and blend it out later.  At this point I have no clue what direction I want my canvas to go yet lol.
 Next I went over my edges with smooch spritz sprays.
 Then I went over the tape, edges and center with more Mix'd Inx reinkers and gesso.  This still looks like a big ole mess!
 Fairy Dust Time!
 I finally figured out this is the way I wanted it to go.  I stamped the background using gesso.
 Added a doily on the edge and let it sit for awhile!
I finally got some more time and was able to finish this up.  I didn't do anything else to the background except spritz it with water to blend the colors in.
 
Below is the actual finished canvas.  To finish it up, I added alphas, bling and some dangling stars.


Thanks for stopping!! Below you will find a list of products that I used on this mini canvas!
 
Materials:
Want 2 Scrap Canvas Sheet
Heavy Chipboard[

Ink:
Mix'd Media Inx CHOX - Peridot, Patina, Wisteria

Stamp:
Stampers Anonymous - Dear Sir
 
Bling:
Want 2 Scrap

Tools:
Clearsnap Colorbox Stylus Handles and Tips

Miscellaneous:
Masking Tape
Doily
Gesso
Floss
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails