Sunday, June 24, 2012

~Fairy Wall Hanging with Donna Salazar Designs~

 I'm back to show you a wall hanging I made for my daughter Brooklyn.  I had a ton of fun creating the background for this and I wanted to show you how easy it is to mix your Smooch Spritz sprays and Stamping to create a beautiful background.
For my background I used the Zutter 8x10 Art Board.
For the Smooch Spritz sprays I chose to use Holly Berries, Sea Breeze, and River Mossy.
I also used Mix'd Media Inx in Mossy.
For the stamp I used the Dear Sir stamp by Stampers Anonymous.
Then I had some water in a spray bottle and some paper towels.

I sprayed my board three times with Holly Berries in the middle and then sprayed it a couple times with water to puddle it up.  After that I dabbed the board using a paper towel.
Next I went around the edges with Sea Breeze and used water to spray inward to push the color towards the center.  Then I dabbed it again with a paper towel.
I did the same using River Mossy and again used the water to push the ink inward and blotted it with a paper towel.  The colors wash together and blend very well.  I decided to add a bit more red to the center as well.
After my board dried I went around the edges with my Mossy ink and used a Color Box blending tool to blend inward just a bit and making it a bit heavier on the edges.
After that I took my Dear Sir stamp and went over a few spots about two or three times. When I use stamps with writing like this, I like to make it look imperfect by stamping more that once in different spots.  
Here are some more close ups of my project. 



Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!





4 comments:

  1. Wow this is a totally stunning piece of work. A real inspiration - I would love to do something like this for my daughters. Thanks hun.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout Mandy!!! Thanks for the tut:)
    ♥Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, how amazing and how enchanting this is.. I love the mixed mists and the textures. and the whole thing is so magical!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails