Wednesday, February 1, 2012

~Scraps of Elegance Reveal and Blog Hop ~

I am a bit sad I am not able to participate in the Scraps of Elegance 1st Official blog hop, but I did want to be sure and make the announcement here, so no one misses out!! It's just that I am going to be super tied up and won't be around to update for a couple weeks!!  Because of my that I won't officially be DTing for Scraps of Elegance until the April kit reveal, but I still wanted to show off a bit of Scraps of Darkness' sister kit, so I created a layout based on the sketch using the SOE kit!!  This kit is GORGEOUS!!!   Plus scroll down to the bottom for the blog hop list and details on where to start!!

For this layout I used some of the newer chippies from Dusty Attic!!  The photo is a pic I took of my daughter, Rylee.  I threw in the larger flowers and letters from my own stash as well, but the rest are items from the main Scraps of Elegance kit!!
Here is the Sketch by the amazing Charlotte aka Suepup!

 Here is a close up of the new Dusty Fountains, not yet available for purchase yet.  These come in a three piece set with one large and two smaller fountains.  For mine I just did a quick misting with a golden tone mist and used some Jasmine colored chalk ink by Donna Salazar for highlights.
 I did do hand stitching all the way around, but as you can see I made the stitches a half inch so it went faster.  I scrap as fast as possible lol!!
 I wish the camera picked up the sparkly accents in these letters, because they are so pretty!!
 A bit of cut work for the leaves layered upon with both kit ad personal stash flowers!!

 Another chippie by Dusty Attic that I just painted white and sanded a little.   This is a piece of the Corner Flourish #2.  I actually used the larger portion on another layout I did previously.  Always keep those extra pieces of chippies!!
The 1st official Scraps of Elegance kit!!  
Now as for the Scraps of Elegance First Ever Blog Hop!!!  We are super excited to announce Gabrielle Pollacco is guest designing with Scraps of Elegance this month!!  You will want to be sure to take a look at her blog and her amazing work!!

Here is the list of order for the hop!!  Start at the top and work your way down!!
~*~

The rules will be posted on the blogs that are participating and the blog will run from the 1st-4th.  
The grand prize is a...... 

3 month subscription to Scraps of Elegance!!

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!!



4 comments:

  1. LOVE the "alter-ego".... I am more Elegance than Darkness- I might just have to jump into this one!!!!
    Love your layout using the kits. Just Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandycakes! (LOL! Lisa put me up to that!)...thanks so much for your warm welcome and kind words! You know I'm a huge fan of your work and just LOVE what you've done with the kit! I look forward in upcoming months to see what you do with both SOD and SOE, I know it will be amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy I.ve spent hours lost in time going through you layouts and tutorials. Your work is beyond compare. Thank you so much for sharing your talent and inspiring to create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mandy,

    Even though you weren't part of the blog hop, you deserve as much welcome as everyone else..I think you did an amazing job on your LO! Love it!!

    Take care..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails