Tuesday, July 5, 2011

~Scraps of Darkness~

I wanted to share another couple of layouts using the June Welcome to the Jungle kit.  This was such a fun kit and really versatile considering most of the papers were a jungle or animal theme.  I had lot of fun using this kit and these were some awesome Bo Bunny papers!! 

My first layout is of my pup, Skidder, who recently said good-bye to a certain part of his body.  He was given the "Cone of Shame" for his own good.  I feel bad for him, but it's a must.  It took him a day to figure out how to get around with it.  He had a problem walking with it because he would lower his head and get stuck on the ground.  He would literally stand there until someone got him unstuck. 


 My signature ribbon/lace scrunching.  I'm an addict!
 Look at that face :(
This is a pic of my daughter, Rylee, that I altered in photo shop.  I placed her in a dark forest and then stuck a scary wolf behind her.  Hopefully you can see the wolf in the photo.  The outer frame is actually the leftover piece from the Baroque Circle Frame Set from Dusty Attic.  The little fairies are also from Dusty Attic.
 The moss was from a previous kit and I loved it.  I spritzed mine all up!

 This crazy texture is a left over baby wipe.  I've used them before, but ended up covering it too much to mention, so I left some showing on this page to show how cool it looks.  I use baby wipes for cleaning stamps and applying inks and sprays.

The frame was coated with gesso, then inked.  After that I used distress powder and then more ink :)

 Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!

6 comments:

  1. I am always in awe when I read one of your posts. I don't comment often, but I had to on this one. You just gave me the biggest smile today. The Cone of Shame is pure genius! I hope you stick that story about him getting stuck in there some where cause it doesn't need to be forgotten. :-)
    Your photoshopped layout of your daughter is so interesting. I love the old baby wipe for texture. You always have the most beautiful photos of your children.
    Have a blessed day and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely stunning! You did an amazing job with this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veery special work you do! Best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby... makes me shudder to see the photo, but such a cute page! Your Rylee page is amazing... every detail is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails