Saturday, March 12, 2011

~Working With Mists and Paint~

Over at Punky Scraps blog they host some really fun challenges and I decided to play a couple of them. This first one was a challenge where you had to use at 3 out of 5 items or techniques. The choices were distressing, flowers, black and white photo, sparkles, and misting. All of these were right up my alley, so I did them all lol. Here is my layout of my daughter, Raine that she had taken by a pro photographer. I didn't take any close ups because this is more about the background as a whole than all the added details.

To achieve this look I started with a basic cream colors sheet of cardstock. I sprayed some gold moonshadow mists to get the golden base. Then I took a screen from Tattered Angels and sprayed it with a dark brown Smooch mist and then flopped it onto my paper to create a stamped look. Then I used a green starburst mist (moonshadow and starburst mists can be found at LindyStampGang.com) and sprayed all over my background. After it dried I machine stitched around the edge then painted gesso around the outside. After the gesso dried I used gold embossing powder all the way around.
This is a pic of my daughter Rylee and her make-up is not photoshopped. This is a make-up trick she found on YouTube and she did it herself. I think she looks like the girl from the movie My Girl. This layout was based on a sketch over at Punky Scraps and it's the 2nd challenge for the month. I don't work with brights very often, but her make-up couldn't have gone on a neutral colored layout.

To achieve this background I took a piece of blue patterned paper and used a dry brush to paint gesso over the majority of the page. (Gesso is a MUST) Then I took some chipboard wings from Maya Road and sat it on my page. I then used some blue starburst mist and went over the wings to create the neat mask. I then sprayed it with spray adhesive an dumped some really fine yellow glitter from Petaloo over the top. You can't see it in the photo, sorry :(

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!

16 comments:

  1. I really love the background you created on the first layout! Amazing work! And your photos are beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all....you do some really fabulous work with paints...something I need to broaden my horizons with lol. Love both bg so much!!! You rock girl! Tell Rylee...her make-up is out of control amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mandy !!! That background is totally amazing!! The whole layout is just beautiful. Love your dd's make up!!! That layout is also beautiful. Love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome use of paints, spray glue, and spritzes! I love how your background turned out! And both pages are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both LOs! They are both so fab and so different in their own way. And the make-up job your daughter did is awesome! Wow... I don't have any girls so it is fun to watch what girls do through your. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous. Your work is so stunning!!! Both of these layouts are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful layouts! your daughters are gorgeous, too! thanks for playing along with us at punky scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Mandy!Such gorgeous work and fabulous techniques!Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hummmm mom's a scrapbook artist and daughter's a make-up artist

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow- gorgeous layouts and a beautiful daughter!! So glad to have you join in the challenge at Punky Scraps! =) Tiffany DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love both of them but the first one is just stunning. Perfect color choices for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely layouts! The background on the first layout is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! Beautiful layouts and that pic is lovely! Thanks for playing at punky scraps!! Have a great day :)
    nat xox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails