Tuesday, November 2, 2010

~The Softer Side of Me~

As you know I am a DT for Scraps of Darkness and a lot of my layouts can be dark or industrial, but I still love my soft subtle layouts just as much. This month over at Swirlydoos I am hosting a challenge called Curves! This just means circles lol, but below is my example of the layout I used for that challenge. The photo is of my dd Tyler dressed as a fall fairy. I photoshopped the wings on her and softened the photo for an ethereal look. The chippies are both made by Dusty Attic!!
I added a broach that was in some costume jewelry I picked up somewhere. I coated the chippie with distress ink and distress Stickles.
These vines were purchased from my good friend, Angelica's Etsy shop. Her handmade embellies are top notch!!
This next one is a pic of Brooky doing her current "go to" pose. I created a vintage look to the photo. I made this for the November sketch challenge, by Beggahuna, over at Swirlydoos. The stitching is faux. Here's a little something about me: If you see faux stitching on a layout it means I added it later, because the layout needed something. If you see real stitching then it was planned all along :)
Now you have to check out this technique that Lisa Gregory discovered. The technique is to create decorative circles. This has got to be my current favorite technique going right now. Here's the link: Decorate Circles
The vines from Prima cracked me up because they reminded me of q-tips and I had to add to them, so I stuck some light pink roses to the vines.

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!

9 comments:

  1. Wow just beautiful...I must admit I do gt some of my ideas from you. Love both layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layouts, Mandy. Can't read the text on your poset for some reason ... but the title intrigues me since that's the name of my blog. Love love love the vines from Angelica's Etsy shop. And gorgeous work from you . as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh. I do like your soft side! Fabulous and so much great detail. I guess it is about time I get introduced to Mr. Photoshop. He does wonders for your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both layouts are very pretty. Particularly like the punched circle border and the dd photo with the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so beautiful Mandy!!!!! You're uber talented with the various ways you can scrap!!! Just one of the reasons why you are one of my favorite artists!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to say thankyou for comments that you leave me on Dusty Attic.
    Cheers Leonie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails