Monday, August 10, 2009

Praise and Craze

I believe that praising God is important and that you can show praise in all that you do. So a lot of times when I create a layout I will add a verse or mention God in some way. A lot of the times I do hidden journaling, because my messages are for my family. On these two layouts, however, I wrote it for everyone to see. Here is a layout with Rylee and Brent making crazy faces. The rainbow ofcourse represents God's promise to us and the journaling reads; You guys are so silly. Every day you bring joy into my life and sometimes you bring a bit of crazy too. Don't ever stop being you and having fun in all that you do. Don't forget how to be a kid. Love you guys so very much. May God forever bless you.

The rainbow was painted on white cardstock then cut out. I used a Signo pen for all the journaling and doodled stiches around and on the photo. The red butterfly was found on Ebay. The little brads are Doodlebugs brand and the letters are Thickers.
Here is a layout of my daughter Raine. Wisdom is what I pray for her to have the most. She is at such a crucial age and the peer pressure in her life has led her to make some very poor choices. She is only 15, but feels that she has all the answers and is invincible. Sound familiar? The verse reads; When wisdom enters into your heart and knowledge itself becomes pleasant to your very soul, thinking ability itself will keep guard over you, discernment itself will safeguard you. Proverbs 2:10, 11.

I tore the journaling for an aged look and used some brown dry chalk. The pearls are done with liquid pearls by hand. The cardboard is painted with crackle paint and I spread some stickles over the visible areas. The background papers are Basic Grey Wisteria and I used Thickers for the title. As far as the cardboard goes, I always tear it off the packages I get in the mail.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails