Saturday, August 29, 2009

September Swirlydoos Bejewelled Kit

Ok so you all know I LOVE Swirlydoos, but the September Bejewelled kit has GOT to be my most favorite yet. I mean this whole kit is SPECTACULAR!! Plus it goes great with my new photo shoot pics of my kiddos. I usually make more layouts before I post, but I HAD to share what I have done so far.

This is my daughter Rylee dressed as a little elf. I called this one Faerie Kisses because on her cheek there is some light dancing and it looks like little wings. I used some stickles on the diecut butterfly and I broke the pearl flourish in half to stretch it out a bit. I used my favorite Cricut font, Storybook for the title. This particular layout was for their sketch challenge that Beggahuna does. Look to the right under sketches for her blog site. She's fabulous!!

This layout is currently out for publication!!

So here is my sweet Tyler. Look really close because I altered her ears in Photoshop to make her look more like an elf. All of this was made from the kit, except for the knotted ribbon and the branches. I used the wonderful Storybook Cricut cartridge for the branches as well. Then I painted the leaves with green smooch, so they shine. One of my favorite things to do is cut out other pattern paper to create embellishments. I actually cut the entire gate out and used pop dots to bring it forward. Check back really soon for more Swirlydoos goodness :).

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, layout. CAn't beleive all your finishing touches like the ears and handcutting the gate. Wonderful work of art!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails